The Church of San Rocco located in Menaggio is dedicated to the protector from the scourge of the plague. It was erected in 1772, perhaps on the site of the ancient oratory of San Michele (XV-XVI cent.).
The pilgrim saint to whom the church is dedicated, S. Rocco, has been the most invoked saint, since the Middle Ages, as protector from the terrible scourge of the plague.
This content was originally published on mylakecomo.co.